When does Blackburn vs Charlton kick off? Saturday 3rd August, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Blackburn vs Charlton being played? Ewood Park
What is the weather forecast for Blackburn vs Charlton? Cloud, 20c
What television channel is Blackburn vs Charlton on? Sky have the rights to Championship matches in the UK, so it is worth checking the Sky Sports schedule
Where can I stream Blackburn vs Charlton? If the match is televised on Sky Sports, then subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Blackburn vs Charlton?
Blackburn – https://www.eticketing.co.uk/onerovers
Charlton – https://booking.cafc.co.uk/
What was the score when the teams last met? Charlton 1-0 Blackburn
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Walton; Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell; Johnson, Smallwood; Armstrong, Dack, Downing; Gallagher
Unavailable: Samuel (Injured), Gladwin (Injured)
Doubtful: Evans (Injured)
- Blackburn Rovers showed themselves to be a good team with some excellent players in spells last season but went on too many dire streaks to end up in mid-table.
- Tony Mowbray will be pleased with the business made by his club with seasoned Championship veterans Stewart Downing and Bradley Johnson looking like shrewd signings and striker Sam Gallagher will offer competition up front.
- Blackburn lost No.1 goalkeeper David Raya to Brentford but gained an exciting young prospect in Christian Walton on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion, while keeping Bradley Dack at the club is excellent news after two seasons with 15 or more goals scored from midfield.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Phillips; Solly, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington; Lapslie, Forster-Caskey, Pratley; Williams, Taylor, Aneke
Doubtful: Page (Injured), Aneke (Injured)
- Charlton Athletic lost just one game in their last 15 League 1 matches to reach the play-offs last season but they will be big favourites to drop immediately back down.
- Manager Lee Bowyer worked wonders with a side arguably inferior to that of League 1 play-off rivals Sunderland and Portsmouth and has made some good signings on a shoestring, with Chuks Aneke looking a good replacement for Karlan Grant.
- The Addicks will need all the relegation-fight experience they can get from Ben Purrington and Ben Amos, signed from Rotherham and Bolton respectively, and they must emulate their home form of last season where they lost just twice in the league.
Blackburn will be hoping to find some consistency this season after their 2018-19 campaign saw long streaks of winning and losing and they can start with a big win against newcomers Charlton. The Addicks will be one of the favourites for an immediate return to League 1 and are in for a long season.
BETTING TIP: (Over) Over or under 2.5 goals