2019-20 Czech First League – Teplice vs Slovan Liberec Preview & Prediction
When is Teplice vs Slovan Liberec taking place? Saturday 23rd May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Teplice vs Slovan Liberec taking place? Na Stinadlech, Teplice
Where can I get tickets for Teplice vs Slovan Liberec? This match will be played behind closed doors
What television channel is Teplice vs Slovan Liberec on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Teplice vs Slovan Liberec? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Teplice had picked up just seven points from their previous 11 matches in the league prior to the enforced break in action as they look resigned to playing in the Relegation Round now unless they can string a run of victories together quickly.
- They produced a good display in a friendly match last weekend as they overcame Ústí nad Labem 4-1 but they know they will face a much sterner test here against a Slovan Liberec side that were in good form prior to the break and just one solitary friendly is not ideal preparation for the resumption.
- The reliance on veteran striker Jakub Mares continues to be great as the 33-year-old has scored six of their 19 goals so far this season but the lack of goals continues to be a major issue for the injury-hit team.
- The beak came at the wrong time for Slovan Liberec who won their last four matches before the Coronavirus halted proceedings in the Fortuna Liga but they know that a win here will catapult them into fourth place with this game in hand.
- The Liberec outfit have scored 12 goals in their last four league matches as they were arguably in their best spell of the season so far so they will be desperate to pick up where they left off and extend this winning streak.
- 23-year-old forward Jan Kuchta was in rich vein of form prior to the break scoring four goals in his last two league matches and he will be confident of scoring against a somewhat leaky Teplice rearguard.
Despite the pause in action, Teplice continue to struggle with a number of injuries which does not bode well when they come against Slovan Liberec who were one of the form teams prior to the break. The visitors know this game-in-hand is vital in their hopes of moving back into the top six ahead of the Championship Round and they should be more than capable of making a fast start against an under-prepared Teplice side and sealing the three points.