2019-20 Czech First League – Sparta Praha vs Viktoria Plzen Preview & Prediction
When is Sparta Praha vs Viktoria Plzen taking place? Wednesday 27th May, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Sparta Praha vs Viktoria Plzen taking place? Generali Arena, Praha
Where can I get tickets for Sparta Praha vs Viktoria Plzen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Sparta Praha vs Viktoria Plzen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sparta Praha vs Viktoria Plzen? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sparta Praha resume their league campaign in ninth place but they are still very much involved in the battle for qualification into the Championship Group and are looking at least on course for a place in the Europa League play-offs.
- They will need to improve on their results from immediately prior to the break if they are to push further up the table as they failed to win any of their last five league matches before the season was disrupted.
- They squandered a winning position in each of their least two league outings having conceded late on against both Zlin and Slavia when they had looked like claiming maximum points from those matches.
- Second-placed Viktoria Plzen restart the campaign a total of eight points behind the league leaders Slavia but they still believe they are not out of the title race just yet with plenty of points still to play for.
- They were in excellent form prior to the enforced postponement of the campaign having won each of their last four league matches for the total loss of just one goal.
- Plzen were defeated 4-0 away from home against Sparta last season and although they have since gained their revenge on home soil they will still be very mindful of the threat posed by the opposition.
Second-placed Plzen face a tough test against Sparta who are aiming to keep in the hunt for a place in the Championship Group with a positive result in this match. Sparta triumphed 4-0 at home against Plzen last season so certainly won’t fear the task ahead of them but the fact that this game is played without fans could be a factor and possibly won’t give as much advantage to the home team. Sparta are still likely to pose big problems for the away team but Plzen have the edge in terms of quality and they might just be able to sneak a narrow victory.