2019-20 Czech First League – Sparta Praha vs Opava Preview & Prediction
When is Sparta Praha vs Opava taking place? Wednesday 10th June, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Sparta Praha vs Opava taking place? Generali Arena, Praha
What television channel is Sparta Praha vs Opava on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sparta Praha vs Opava? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Sparta Praha vs Opava? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sparta Praha’s 1-0 victory against Bohemians on Saturday extended their winning run to three matches and now a place in the Championship Round is very much in their own hands.
- They enjoyed the bulk of the possession and chances against Bohemians but had looked set for only a point until Benjamin Tetteh’s goal six minutes from time finally gave them the crucial breakthrough.
- A win in this match would secure their spot in the Championship Round if either Slovacko and Banik Ostrava fail to win in their respective games.
- Opava missed an opportunity to move four points clear of the foot of the table when they let a 1-0 lead slip against Slovacko in their most recent outing on Sunday.
- They had held the advantage for a large part of the match after Luka Zeleznik’s 21st minute goal put them in front but they were unable to keep out the opposition and the equalising goal came after 64 minutes.
- Despite that disappointment they have at least managed to avoid defeat in three of their last four matches. Crucially though, they have only registered two wins in their last 26 league games.
Sparta have overcome a small blip in form to win three games in a row and now have the incentive of knowing that victory against struggling Opava could guarantee their place in the Championship Round. Since falling 1-0 behind against Karvina, the home team have scored eight goals without reply and they look in good shape to extend their winning run whilst keeping another clean sheet against a team who have not scored against them in their last four meetings.