2019-20 Czech First League – Slovacko vs Sigma Olomouc Preview & Prediction
When is Slovacko vs Sigma Olomouc taking place? Tuesday 26th May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Slovacko vs Sigma Olomouc taking place? Mestský fotbalový stadion Miroslava Valenty, Uherské Hradište
Where can I get tickets for Slovacko vs Sigma Olomouc? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Slovacko vs Sigma Olomouc on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Slovacko vs Sigma Olomouc? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Slovacko recommence their league campaign after the enforced break with a home fixture against Sigma Olomouc and they will be looking to maintain their push for a place in the Championship Group.
- They are currently sitting in sixth place in the league table, but with a host of teams within touching distance their position is precarious and anything less than a win could see them overtaken in the standings.
- Prior to the disruption of the season they had kept three consecutive clean sheets, but a failure to score in two of those matches does highlight a lack of a prolific goal threat and the fact that no team in the top ten have scored fewer goals is further evidence of this.
- Sigma Olomouc are currently holding onto one of the Europa League play-off positions, but a place in the Championship Group is still in reach and a win against Slavacko would give them great hope that they can achieve that aim.
- It has been a somewhat frustrating campaign for them so far as they have only lost three of their last 18 league matches but a failure to turn draws into wins has been a big problem.
- They were again held to a draw in their last match against Jablonec back in March. Having taken the lead, they were subsequently reduced to ten men when Pablo Gonzalez was shown the red card and then eventually conceded the equalising goal with 15 minutes remaining.
This is quite a pivotal match for both teams as they are jostling for a place in the Championship Group. Sigma Olomouc are five points behind Slovacko despite losing one less game and that highlights the problem they have faced in dropping far too many points in drawn matches. Slovacko themselves have been guilty wasting chances and it would not be a surprise if both teams ended up frustrated again at having to settle for a single point each.