2019-20 Czech First League – Slavia Praha vs Viktoria Plzen Preview & Prediction
When is Slavia Praha vs Viktoria Plzen taking place? Sunday 7th June, 2020 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Slavia Praha vs Viktoria Plzen taking place? Sinobo Stadium, Praha
What television channel is Slavia Praha vs Viktoria Plzen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Slavia Praha vs Viktoria Plzen? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Slavia Praha vs Viktoria Plzen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Reigning champions Slavia Praha come into this top-of-the-table clash with a lead of eight points over Viktoria Plzen and are looking well set to successfully defend the title.
- Slavia have won three consecutive matches without conceding a goal since the season resumed, though they only just scraped through against bottom club Pribram in their last outing.
- They had looked set for frustration against Pribram as the game entered the final ten minutes without a goal and were relieved when Petar Musa finally broke the deadlock with the winning goal in the 82nd minute.
- The chances of Viktoria Plzen catching Slavia are slim but they are very determined to finish the season strongly anyhow and have won each of their last seven matches.
- They followed up their 7-1 victory against Mlada Boleslav with a 2-0 win against Banik Ostrava on Wednesday courtesy of goals from Pavel Bucha and Jan Kovarik.
- Plzen have not enjoyed very good fortunes in their recent away matches against Slavia having lost on each of their last six visits to Slavia in the Czech First League.
The two best teams in the Czech First League go head-to-head in what should be a good contest with both teams looking well motivated having restarted the season in good form. Slavia won 1-0 in the reverse fixture back in October and this could be a low-scoring encounter too. Slavia have only conceded eight goals this season and their defensive solidity could serve them well against a Plzen team who have been looking sharp in the final third. A 1-1 draw is the predicted outcome and it's a result which will suit Slavia more than it will Plzen.