2019-20 Czech First League – Mlada Boleslav vs Slavia Praha Preview & Prediction
When is Mlada Boleslav vs Slavia Praha taking place? Tuesday 26th May, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Mlada Boleslav vs Slavia Praha taking place? Lokotrans Aréna, Mladá Boleslav
Where can I get tickets for Mlada Boleslav vs Slavia Praha? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Mlada Boleslav vs Slavia Praha on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Mlada Boleslav vs Slavia Praha? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mlada Boleslav are very much in the hunt for a place in the Championship Group so every point is vital as they resume their league campaign following the disruption due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- They were very relieved to end a five-match winless streak with a 3-2 victory against Banik Ostrava in their last match back in March. A late own goal sealed the win after they looked set for frustration having led 2-0 earlier in the contest.
- The sale of key striker Nikolay Komlichenko in January has been a huge blow for them. The Russian forward scored 29 goals last season and had reached double figures in this campaign prior to his move back to Russia.
- Slavia Praha have a healthy lead at the top of the league table with eight points separating them from Viktoria Plzen after 24 matches of the season.
- Their recent form prior to the disruption of the league campaign showed some fallibility though as their only two league defeats this season came in their last four matches and it would have been three losses but for a last-minute equaliser against Sparta in their most recent outing.
- It did seem that with such a big lead at the top of the table that their motivation levels prior to the break were dwindling and it remains to be seen whether the enforced break has a positive or negative effect on their performances.
Slavia Praha face a tough test as they resume their league campaign against a team who are chasing a place in the Championship Group. The league leaders have had good success in this fixture in recent seasons with seven consecutive wins, though each of the last three of those have been by a one-goal margin and this is likely to be a close contest also. Slavia weren’t in good enough form prior to the break to suggest they are certainties to come away with the three points and a draw is the predicted outcome.