2019-20 Czech First League – Karvina vs Sparta Praha Preview & Prediction
When is Karvina vs Sparta Praha taking place? Sunday 31st May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Karvina vs Sparta Praha taking place? Mestský Stadión, Karviná
Where can I get tickets for Karvina vs Sparta Praha? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Karvina vs Sparta Praha on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Karvina vs Sparta Praha? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Karvina come into this encounter having extended their unbeaten run to five matches in a 0-0 draw against Opava in their first fixture since the league restarted.
- Their defensive work has been particularly impressive during that sequence of results and has led to them keeping five consecutive clean sheets.
- Nigerian striker Abdulrahman Taiwo will be key to their chances of victory in this match having scored in each of their last three home matches – all of which they have won.
- Sparta Praha suffered a 2-1 home defeat against second-placed Viktoria Plzen in their first competitive encounter since the return of the Czech First League after the enforced break.
- They fell behind against Plzen midway through the first half and although they had a good share of the possession thereafter. They were unable to make a breakthrough and a second goal conceded early in the second period proved to be decisive.
- Sparta now come into this fixture without a win in their last six league matches and face a tough challenge as they try and climb back into the top six in the league standings.
Karvina are eleven points behind Sparta Praha in the league table but perhaps more telling is that they are currently unbeaten in their last five matches whereas Sparta are without a win in their last six outings. A huge factor in Karvina’s upturn in fortunes has been their defence and the fact they have kept five consecutive clean sheets backs this up. The home team will be feeling confident and rightly so as they have the capabilities to take maximum points from this fixture.