2019-20 Czech First League – Ceske Budejovice vs Slovan Liberec Preview & Prediction
When is Ceske Budejovice vs Slovan Liberec taking place? Wednesday 27th May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Ceske Budejovice vs Slovan Liberec taking place? Fotbalový stadion Strelecký ostrov, Ceské Budejovice
Where can I get tickets for Ceske Budejovice vs Slovan Liberec? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Ceske Budejovice vs Slovan Liberec on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Ceske Budejovice vs Slovan Liberec? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ceske Budejovice are competing very well in their first season back in the top flight since the 2014-15 campaign and are fighting it out with a number of other teams for a place in the Championship Group.
- A run of seven wins from eight matches in the latter part of 2019 moved them inside of the top six but since then they have lost three out of their last five games including each of the last two.
- Their last match prior to the disruption of the league campaign ended with a narrow 1-0 defeat against Viktoria Plzen with the winning goal coming just a minute from the end of the game.
- Slovan Liberec restarted their league campaign last Saturday with a 2-0 defeat away from home against Teplice and as a result missed the chance to break into the top six.
- Prior to the enforced break due to the coronavirus pandemic they were on an excellent run of form that had seen them win four consecutive matches so the reversal against Teplice was a blow.
- Even more frustrating for Liberec is that they dominated big parts of that match and will feel they created enough chances to have won the game themselves.
These two teams are chasing a place in the Championship Group and are level on points with each other just outside of the top six. Slovan Liberec may have some advantage from having already resumed competitive action whereas this is Ceske Budejovice’s first competitive outing since March, but how much of a factor that is remains to be seen. There is not really a lot between the pair in terms of quality though and this is likely to reflected in the final outcome with a 1-1 draw being the prediction.