2019-20 Czech First League – Banik Ostrava vs Viktoria Plzen Preview & Prediction
When is Banik Ostrava vs Viktoria Plzen taking place? Wednesday 3rd June, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Banik Ostrava vs Viktoria Plzen taking place? Mestský stadion - Vítkovice Aréna, Ostrava
What television channel is Banik Ostrava vs Viktoria Plzen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Banik Ostrava vs Viktoria Plzen? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Banik Ostrava vs Viktoria Plzen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Banik Ostrava will be disappointed to have taken only two points from their first two fixtures back since the enforced break having faced two of the bottom three teams in the league ladder in those games.
- Their sense of frustration will certainly be heightened after conceding a last-minute equaliser against Zlin when they had led for 85 minutes of the encounter.
- Despite that setback they are still in a strong position to claim a spot in the Championship Group but the situation could have been much better had they turned some of their drawn matches into wins.
- Viktoria Plzen have returned to league action with back-to-back wins and emphatically defeated Mlada Boleslav 7-1 on Saturday to extend their winning run to six matches.
- A goal from Ales Cermak after just eight minutes set them on their way to victory and thereafter it was pretty much all one-way traffic with Cermak able to complete his hat-trick early in the second half.
- Plzen are unbeaten in their last 19 league matches against Banik Ostrava and enjoyed a 3-0 victory in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
A match against an in-form Viktoria Plzen is not ideal for Banik Ostrava as they try and regain some momentum in the closing rounds of the regular season. Plzen have picked up from where they left off and are looking well-motivated to end the season with a flourish. Banik Ostrava do not look likely to stop them from claiming a victory in this clash.