2019-20 Czech First League – Banik Ostrava vs Slavia Praha Preview & Prediction
When is Banik Ostrava vs Slavia Praha taking place? Wednesday 10th June, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Banik Ostrava vs Slavia Praha taking place? Mestský stadion - Vítkovice Aréna, Ostrava
What television channel is Banik Ostrava vs Slavia Praha on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Banik Ostrava vs Slavia Praha? Bet365 members can stream Czech First League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Banik Ostrava vs Slavia Praha? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Banik Ostrava claimed a crucial 3-2 victory against Sigma Olomouc last Saturday to crucially move inside of the top six with just two games of the regular season remaining.
- A run of four matches without a win had left their hopes of a place in the Championship Round out of their own hands but their own victory added to the fact that Slovacko could only draw meant Banik Ostrava leapfrogged them in the table.
- A match against the league-leaders presents a tough challenge especially as they lost 4-0 in the reverse league fixture earlier this season but they will have some confidence from having defeated Slavia in the cup back in October.
- League-leaders Slavia Praha maintained their advantage of eight points over Viktoria Plzen after the two teams contested a hard-fought goalless draw on Sunday.
- That draw ended a three-match winning streak for Slavia having won all of their previous three outings since the resumption of the campaign after the enforced break.
- Slavia’s defence has been a major factor in their formidable record this season and they come into this match with just eight goals conceded in 28 league games this season.
This is a huge match for Banik Ostrava as they chase a place in the Championship Round and the challenge ahead of them is a formidable one against the club who are eight points clear at the top of the table. The home team did claim a win against Slavia earlier in the season when they met in the cup but both of their goals in that contest came in extra-time and they haven’t scored in the last four league meetings between the pair. Banik Ostrava may well end up frustrated again and on the receiving end of a narrow defeat at the conclusion of this contest.