When is Uruguay vs Paraguay taking place? Tuesday 29th June, 2021 at 01:00 (UK)
Where is Uruguay vs Paraguay taking place? Estádio Nilton Santos, Rio de Janeiro
Where can I get tickets for Uruguay vs Paraguay? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information
What television channel is Uruguay vs Paraguay on in the UK? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Uruguay vs Paraguay in the UK? This match can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Uruguay earned their first win at the third time of asking in the Copa America thanks to a 2-0 success over Bolivia last time out and that was enough to secure their place in the quarter-finals of the tournament.
- Despite that success, improvements are still needed from the Uruguayans if they are to advance beyond the last eight but they will believe that having claimed their maiden win, it can prove to be a turning point for them.
- An own goal put them ahead before Edinson Cavani sealed the victory and while it may be tempting to make wholesale changes ahead of the knockout stages, Uruguay may decide to attempt to build some momentum with somewhere close to their best side.
- Paraguay earned an eye-catching success to book their spot in the quarter-finals of the Copa America and their 2-0 victory over Chile will make them believe that they can go a long way in this tournament.
- The Paraguayans are unlikely to stop there and will want another win to cap off a fine group stage in which their only blip so far came in the form of a narrow defeat against Argentina.
- Braian Samudio opened the scoring against Chile before Miguel Almiron’s penalty doubled his side’s lead to seal the three points and they will now look to end the group stage on a high by producing another big performance.
Uruguay have underwhelmed in the Copa America so far and while they
have done enough to advance to the quarter-finals, they will be keen to
improve on their efforts to date in their final group game. They take on
a Paraguay side that have done a solid job so far, winning two of their
three games. Their latest success came against Chile last time out and
while both teams are capable of prevailing in this clash, Paraguay
should be able to record another positive result by coming away with at
least a point.