When is Uruguay vs Colombia taking place? Uruguay vs Colombia will take place on Saturday 3rd July, 2021 at 23:00 (UK)
Where is Uruguay vs Colombia taking place? Uruguay vs Colombia will take place at Estádio Nacional de Brasília, Brasília
Where can I get tickets for Uruguay vs Colombia? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information for Uruguay vs Colombia
What television channel is Uruguay vs Colombia on in the UK? Uruguay vs Colombia will be televised live on BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Uruguay vs Colombia in the UK? Uruguay vs Colombia can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Uruguay made it back-to-back wins in the Copa America thanks to a narrow success over Paraguay in their final group game and they will hope that having kept successive clean sheets that they now have the platform to advance to the semi-finals.
- There was little to split the two teams but the Uruguayans did enough to seal all three points with Edinson Cavani’s first half penalty the difference with that making it three games without defeat for his side.
- Uruguay opted to make several changes to their line-up for the clash with Paraguay with the likes of Luis Suarez afforded a rest but he looks set to return to the starting XI here for this knockout clash.
- Columbia suffered a second loss in succession as they went down to Brazil in their final group game and that is now three matches without a win ahead of this quarter-final contest with Uruguay.
- It was ultimately a very disappointing result for the Columbians who looked set to claim a positive result but they conceded two late goals, including one ten minutes into stoppage time, having taken a tenth minute lead thanks to Luis Diaz.
- That result will have been difficult to stomach having played so well and led for the vast majority of the game but having performed so well, there are not expected to be many changes for this match.
Uruguay have got better as the Copa America has progressed and while
they still need to be better, they will come into this clash full of
confidence having avoided defeat in their last three games. Their last
two have ended in victory but Columbia’s form reads the opposite with no
win in three and back-to-back losses in their two most recent clashes.
The Columbians are more than capable of winning this but Uruguay will be
difficult to beat and having conceded just two goals in their four
goals so far, the Uruguayans can edge a contest that produces no more
than two goals.