When is Brazil vs Ecuador taking place? Sunday 27th June, 2021 – 22:00 (UK)
Where is Brazil vs Ecuador taking place? Estádio Olímpico Pedro Ludovico Teixeira, Goiânia
Where can I get tickets for Brazil vs Ecuador? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information
What television channel is Brazil vs Ecuador on in the UK? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Brazil vs Ecuador in the UK? This match can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brazil continued their excellent run of form by making it three straight wins to begin their Copa America campaign as they overcame Columbia despite conceding for the first time in the tournament.
- In fact, the Brazilians had to come from behind and left it extremely late to earn the victory with Roberto Firmino levelling with just over ten minutes left before Casemiro’s effort sealed the win deep into injury time.
- With top spot in Group B confirmed following that narrow success, Brazil head coach Tite could opt to rotate his side to keep them fresh for the quarter-finals and goalscorer Firmino will be among those hoping to earn a start.
- Ecuador earned their second draw in succession and by the same scoreline too as they played out an entertaining 2-2 stalemate with Peru to leave their chances of progressing to the final eight hanging in the balance.
- Despite the point, the Ecuadorians will have been left frustrated that they blew a 2-0 lead in that contest with Eduar Preciado doubling his side’s lead before the break having gone ahead through an own goal.
- That advantage was short-lived though as they conceded twice in the opening ten minutes of the second half and that now means they are likely to need to throw every forward in this game as they go in search of an unlikely victory.
Brazil were given their biggest test of the group stage but managed
to come through it with a late show against Columbia. They could opt to
rest some of their star men for this final game before the
quarter-finals and while that may open the door for Ecuador to secure a
shock result, they will need to improve if they are to achieve that.
They have found the back of the net four times in their last two games
but have also conceded the same amount and that suggests that this could
be a high-scoring affair with over 2.5 goals likely.