When is Argentina vs Colombia taking place? Argentina vs Colombia will take place on Wednesday 7th July, 2021 at 02:00 (UK)
Where is Argentina vs Colombia taking place? Argentina vs Colombia will take place at Estádio Nacional de Brasília, Brasília
Where can I get tickets for Argentina vs Colombia? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information for Argentina vs Colombia
What television channel is Argentina vs Colombia on in the UK? Argentina vs Colombia will be televised live on BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Argentina vs Colombia in the UK? Argentina vs Colombia can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Argentina’s impressive run of form continued as they made it four successive victories in the Copa America and they booked their spot in the semi-finals with a straightforward win over Ecuador in the last eight.
- Lionel Messi was at his best as he provided two assists, the first for Rodrigo De Paul just before the break and he backed that up by providing for Lautaro Martinez to double his side’s lead with six minutes remaining.
- Messi then stepped up in stoppage time to convert from a free-kick to seal the 3-0 success and the Argentines will be full of confidence ahead of this battle to make it to the final with an unchanged team a real possibility here after such a strong showing against Ecuador.
- Columbia put back-to-back losses behind them as they edged Uruguay in a tense affair which needed penalties to decide the winner with neither side able to break the deadlock in regular time.
- Both teams enjoyed good spells during the game but neither really dominated and the goalless draw was the right outcome with nothing to separate the teams until David Ospina proved to be the difference.
- He saved two penalties to send his side into the final four and the Columbians will believe that they can cause another upset here with very few, if any, changes expected for this contest.
Argentina have grown into the tournament as it developed and they
look to have the quality to lift the trophy based on current form. They
have won their last four matches and remain unbeaten through all of
their games so far. Lionel Messi came to the fore against Ecuador last
time out and that spells trouble for the rest of the competition if he
continues to pull the strings for his side. Columbia stand in
Argentina’s way of a spot in the final and while they were able to outdo
Uruguay in their quarter-final clash, their best hope of progressing
would appear to be by forcing penalties but they are likely to fall
short regardless of that.