When is Paraguay vs Bolivia taking place? Tuesday 15th June, 2021 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Paraguay vs Bolivia taking place? Estádio Olímpico Pedro Ludovico Teixeira, Goiânia
Where can I get tickets for Paraguay vs Bolivia? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information
What television channel is Paraguay vs Bolivia on in the UK? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Paraguay vs Bolivia in the UK? This match can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Paraguay aren’t exactly in great form coming into the Copa America having failed to win any of their last four competitive matches, with each of those encounters coming during qualification for the World Cup.
- They have progressed out of the group stage in nine of the last 11 Copa America tournaments and that will be the minimum requirement for head coach Eduardo Berizzo, with four of the five teams in Group A advancing to the knockout stages.
- Attackers Angel Romero and Miguel Almiron will be relied upon to provide the spark up front for Paraguay, who will generally look to keep things tight at the back and hope to hit Bolivia on the break.
- A win against Venezuela followed by a hard-earned draw against Chile earlier this month in World Cup qualifying has given Bolivian fans optimism that they can progress from the group stage for only the second time this century.
- In order to do that, they simply must improve defensively as they have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 18 matches – a run which stretches all the way back to November 2018.
- 33-year-old striker Marcelo Martins Moreno, with 25 international goals to his name, is key to Bolivian hopes and will be determined to continue his excellent international form that has seen him strike seven times in his last seven appearances in national colours.
Both sides will see this fixture as a crucial one to pick up points in what is a competitive group and although Paraguay are marginally favoured – particularly when taking into account their vastly superior recent record at the Copa America – a more intriguing betting market looks to be both teams to score. Bolivia are liable to concede given that their last competitive clean sheet was back in 2017, but in Marcelo Martins Moreno they possess a huge threat up front and he could well breach the Paraguayan defence if he can maintain his impressive strike-rate in recent times. Although opening group games are often cagey in international tournaments, this one could buck the trend.