When is Chile vs Paraguay taking place? Friday 25th June, 2021 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Chile vs Paraguay taking place? Estádio Nacional de Brasília, Brasília
Where can I get tickets for Chile vs Paraguay? Visit the official Copa America website for the latest ticket information
What television channel is Chile vs Paraguay on in the UK? BBC Red Button
Where can I stream Chile vs Paraguay in the UK? This match can be streamed live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chile were unable to get the better of Uruguay as they were held to their second draw of the Copa America which saw them move onto five points from three matches which also meant they extended their unbeaten run to six matches in all competitions.
- The Chileans took the lead through Eduardo Vargas’ effort midway through the first half but they could not see the game out as Uruguay levelled in the second half with the point still leaving them in a strong position to advance to the last eight.
- Chile may be forced into a couple of changes for their final Group A clash with Paraguay after goalscorer Vargas and Guillermo Maripan both departed with injuries but they will be confident in their strength in depth should they need to make alterations.
- Paraguay were unable to build on their victory over Bolivia as they went down to Argentina in their second game of the Copa America, although they showed enough in that game to suggest that they will pose Chile problems here.
- A tenth minute goal was all that separated the pair in that contest as the Paraguayans failed to secure parity but they were on top for large spells and will feel they deserved at least a point from the game.
- They face another difficult task here as they take on unbeaten Chile but they will not be deterred by the loss to Argentina and the performance was good enough to suggest that limited changes will be made to their starting XI for this encounter.
Chile remain unbeaten after three games in the Copa America and
another positive result here will secure their spot in the
quarter-finals. That will also be the case for Paraguay if they come out
on top, although a point may mean they need something from their final
game in Group A. They performed well in defeat to Argentina last time
out and will hope to return to winning ways against Chile but it will be
a tough game for both sides. The two teams look well-matched and they
could end up cancelling one another out but it should still be an entertaining clash even if it ends in a stalemate as expected.