2019 Brazilian Serie A – Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo Preview & Prediction
When does Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo kick off? Thursday 17th October – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo being played? Estádio Vasco da Gama (Rio de Janeiro)
What are the expected weather conditions for Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo? Partly cloudy, 24c
What TV channel is Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo on? Premiere FC, Premiere International
Where can I stream Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo? Premiere Play
Where can I get tickets for Vasco da Gama vs Botafogo? https://sociogigante.com/ingressos
THE TEAM NEWS
VASCO DA GAMA
- Vasco da Gama are coming off a win in their previous league match but they have struggled with consistency over their last five league matches, as well as their last five home encounters – W2, D1, L2 in both cases. Vasco currently sit in 12th place of the standings with 31 points.
- Vasco da Gama should have several absentees ahead of this match, with Breno, Ramon, Raul, Fredy Guarin and Raul Caceres all ruled out through injury.
- Expected Starting XI: Fernando Miguel; Yago Pikachú, Leandro Castan, Oswaldo Henriquez, Danilo Barcelos; Marcos Júnior, Richard, Raúl; Talles Magno, Marrony, Rossi
- Botafogo sit in 13th place of the league standings with 30 points but their current five-game form has been poor with one win and four defeats – only two Serie A sides have secured fewer points over that span.
- Starting goalkeeper Roberto “Gatito” Fernandez will be a game-time decision after his international duty with the Paraguay national team, and the same goes with Marcinho who represented Brazil U23 earlier this week. Alex Santana has been ruled out through injury.
- Expected Starting XI: Gatito Fernandez; Fernando Costanza, Joel Carli, Gabriel, Lucas Barros; Cícero; Rodrigo Pimpão, João Paulo, Gustavo Bochecha, Luiz Fernando; Diego Souza
These two teams are right next to each other in the league standings, although the recent form should be a deciding factor ahead of this contest. Botafogo have struggled badly in recent weeks, while Vasco da Gama have at least managed to secure decent results despite their inconsistencies. All things considered, Vasco are expected to secure the three points due to their better form and the fact that they will be playing in front of their own crowd.