2019 Brazilian Serie A – Fortaleza vs Flamengo Preview & Prediction
When does Fortaleza vs Flamengo kick off? Thursday 17th October – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Fortaleza vs Flamengo being played? Estádio Plácido Aderaldo Castelo (Fortaleza)
What are the expected weather conditions for Fortaleza vs Flamengo? Mostly clear, 27c
What TV channel is Fortaleza vs Flamengo on? Premiere FC
Where can I stream Fortaleza vs Flamengo? Premiere Play
Where can I get tickets for Fortaleza vs Flamengo? https://www.bilheteriavirtual.com.br/evento/2489/FORTALEZA_X_FLAMENGO
THE TEAM NEWS
- Fortaleza have been quite inconsistent in recent weeks, going W2 L3 over their last five league matches, although both wins came at home. They are W3, L2 in their last five home matches, and those five matches have seen just one of the sides score and under 2.5 goals in total.
- Roger Carvalho, Ederson, Felipe Alves and Diego Tavares are all expected to be out of this match through injury.
- Expected Starting XI: Marcelo Boeck; Tinga, Quintero, Paulão, Carlinhos; Felipe, Juninho; Edinho, Felipe Pires, Osvaldo; André Luís.
- Flamengo remain at the top of the standings with 58 points and the league title is theirs for the taking. They enter this game on a great run of results, going undefeated in their last five (W4, D1) while winning each of their last three. They have also won each of their last five matches away from home.
- Bruno Henrique and Giorgian De Arrascaeta are out, but Gabigol should be able to return just in time ahead of his international duty with the Brazilian national team. Rodrigo Caio is also expected to play, but Filipe Luis might miss out due to injury. Diego and Lincoln are long-term absentees.
- Expected Starting XI: Diego Alves; João Lucas, Rodrigo Caio, Pablo Marí, René; Willian Arão; Everton Ribeiro, Gerson, Vitinho; Reinier, Gabigol
Fortaleza have looked decent at home in recent weeks with two consecutive wins but they have looked extremely inconsistent all year long with 13 losses in 25 league matches. Flamengo have looked nearly unstoppable of late, and it seems no Brazilian side can match them either at home or away. Expect Flamengo to win this game comfortably, possibly by scoring two or more goals.