2019 Brazilian Serie A – Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo Preview & Prediction
When does Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo kick off? Thursday 17th October – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo being played? Mineirão (Belo Horizonte)
What are the expected weather conditions for Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo? Clear, 24c
What TV channel is Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo on? Premiere FC
Where can I stream Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo? Premiere Play
Where can I get tickets for Cruzeiro vs Sao Paulo? https://ingresso.cruzeiro.com.br/eventos/ingressos/902
THE TEAM NEWS
- Cruzeiro have been one of the major disappointments in the Brazilian Serie A this season, suffering 11 defeats in 25 matches, and if the season ended right now they would be relegated since they sit 18th in the standings with 22 points. They are winless in their last five matches, although four of those encounters have been draws.
- Luis Orejuela has been ruled out for Cruzeiro since he won’t be back in time from the Ecuador national squad. Both Leo and Rodriguinho have been ruled out through injury, while Edilson and David are doubtful after suffering knocks last time out.
- Expected Starting XI: Fábio; Edilson (Weverton), Dedé, Fabricio Bruno, Egidio; Henrique, Éderson, Robinho, Thiago Neves; David (Pedro Rocha), Fred.
- Sao Paulo are vying for a Copa Libertadores berth and the only reason why they have not clinched that spot lies on their goal differential as they sit in fifth place with 43 points. Their five-game form shows Sao Paulo are undefeated in their last four outings and they have posted a W1, D2, L2 mark in their last five away outings.
- Sao Paulo may be without Dani Alves, who will undergo a fitness test after playing with Brazil during the international break, and Juanfran, who is dealing with an injury. Antony, who represented Brazil at the U23 level, should be fit enough to feature. Everton, Jonas Toro, Pablo and Joao Rojas have been ruled out already.
- Expected Starting XI: Tiago Volpi; Igor Vinicius (Juanfran), Bruno Alves, Arboleda, Reinaldo; Luan; Tchê Tchê, Liziero, Hernanes, Antony; Alexandre Pato.
Cruzeiro undoubtedly have a squad that’s good enough to be performing at a higher level, although they have been unable to close games out of late. Sao Paulo have struggled a bit playing away from home but they have had better results overall this season and should be quite motivated, as they know a win could push them into Copa Libertadores territory. Expect Sao Paulo to secure the three points here despite playing away from home.