2019 Brazilian Serie A – Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza Preview & Prediction
When does Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza kick off? Sunday 27th October – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza being played? Estádio Governador Magalhães Pinto, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
What are the expected weather conditions for Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza? Scattered thunderstorms, 22c
What TV channel is Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza on? Premiere FC Brasil
Where can I stream Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza? PFC Internacional
Where can I get tickets for Cruzeiro vs Fortaleza? https://ingresso.cruzeiro.com.br/eventos/ingressos/962
THE TEAM NEWS
- If the season ended today, Cruzeiro would be slated to play in Serie B next season. However, they have been playing well in recent weeks, with the Belo Horizonte giants winning their last two matches to add to a five-game undefeated streak (W2, D3).
- Rodriguinho is a long-term absentee due to a back surgery, while Dedé (injury) and Éderson (suspension) have been ruled out. Léo and Pedro Rocha have been listed as doubtful, while David is expected to return after a one-game suspension.
- Expected Starting XI: Fábio; Luis Orejuela, Fabricio Bruno, Cacá, Egidio; Henrique, Jadson, Robinho, Thiago Neves; David, Fred
- Fortaleza are coming off a 2-1 home win over Gremio the last time out but their recent form has not been great. They are W2, L3 in their last five Serie A matches but they have not won in their last five away contests and are on a three-game losing streak on the road.
- Ederson, Jackson and Roger Carvalho have been ruled out through injury, with the latter not expected to return until next year. Gabriel Dias and Carlinhos are both suspended so will not be eligible, while Romarinho was doubtful but has been included in the travelling squad.
- Expected Starting XI: Felipe Alves; Tinga, Juan Quintero, Paulao, Bruno Melo; Felipe, Juninho; Edinho, Romarinho, Osvaldo; Wellington Paulista
Cruzeiro might be sitting in the relegation zone but that form doesn’t represent a team with their quality and their recent five-game form has been the best example of a team that’s clearly on the rise. Fortaleza have struggled with consistency in recent weeks, and they are set to embark on a two-game away road trip while missing two regular starters in defence. Expect Cruzeiro to win here comfortably.