2019 Brazilian Serie A – Corinthians vs Santos Preview & Prediction
When does Corinthians vs Santos kick off? Saturday 26th October, 2019 – 21:00 (UK)
Where is Corinthians vs Santos being played? Arena Corinthians, São Paulo
What are the expected weather conditions for Corinthians vs Santos? Partly cloudy, 25c
What TV channel is Corinthians vs Santos on? Premiere FC Brasil
Where can I stream Corinthians vs Santos? No streaming services available
Where can I get tickets for Corinthians vs Santos? https://www.ingressoscorinthians.com.br/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Corinthians do not arrive in their best shape ahead of this derby and, following a 1-2 home loss against Cruzeiro, they are now riding a five-game winless streak.
- Everaldo, Junior Urso and Leo Santos have all been ruled out through injury, while Bruno Mendez and star right-back Fagner have been ruled out through suspension. Janderson is doubtful, and if he can’t play then Clayson would get the start on the left wing.
- Expected Starting XI: Cássio; Michel Macedo, Manoel, Gil, Danilo Avelar; Ralf, Junior Sornoza; Pedrinho, Mateus Vital, Janderson (Clayson); Gustavo
- Santos lost 2-0 at Atletico Mineiro the last time out and that defeat ended a six-game undefeated streak (W4, D2). However, they have not looked at their best when playing on the road as over their last five away games, 'O Peixe' have gone W1, D2, L2.
- Kaio Jorge and Christian Cueva have not been training with the team in recent weeks and should be listed as out while Lucas Verissimo has been ruled out due to a suspension. Manager Jorge Sampaoli has several doubts, but most are related to form.
- Expected Starting XI: Everson; Pará (Victor Ferraz), Gustavo Henrique, Luan Peres (Felipe Aguilar or Luiz Felipe), Jorge; Diego Pituca, Carlos Sánchez, Evandro (Alison or Jean Mota); Marinho (Tailson), Eduardo Sasha, Yeferson Soteldo
Both sides enter this game on inconsistent runs of form, as both have been unable to secure decent results on a week-to-week basis. Both teams are battling for a Copa Libertadores berth but while Santos have lost just once over their last seven matches, Corinthians have not won in their last five games. All things considered, Santos should be slight favourites but this game could well end in a draw.