2019 Brazilian Serie A – Ceará vs Vasco da Gama Preview & Prediction
When does Ceará vs Vasco da Gama kick off? Saturday 26th October, 2019 – 21:00 (UK)
Where is Ceará vs Vasco da Gama being played? Estádio Governador Plácido Aderaldo Castelo (Fortaleza, Ceará)
What are the expected weather conditions for Ceará vs Vasco da Gama? Sunny, 28c
What TV channel is Ceará vs Vasco da Gama on? Premiere FC Brasil
Where can I stream Ceará vs Vasco da Gama? PFC Internacional
Where can I get tickets for Ceará vs Vasco da Gama? https://www.bilhetecerto.com.br/Site/Setores/1832
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ceara have been extremely inconsistent over the past few weeks and even though they are coming off a win while winning two of their past three Serie A matches, they have gone W2, L3 over their last five league meetings. Those struggles have also been palpable at home, where Ceara have posted a W1, D2, L2 over their last five matches. They registered a 2-1 away win at Bahia the last time out.
- Cristovam is absent for Ceara ahead of this match due to a suspension with Richard and Joao Paulo also listed as out, while a trio of players, Thiago Galhardo, Samuel Xavier and Fabinho, are slated to return from their respective one-game bans.
- Expected Starting XI: Diogo Silva; Samuel Xavier, Valdo, Luiz Otávio, João Lucas; William Oliveira, Fabinho, Ricardinho, Thiago Galhardo; Lima, Bergson
VASCO DA GAMA
- Vasco da Gama enter this game on a good run of form following a 1-0 away win over Internacional and they are currently riding a four-game undefeated streak (W3, D1) - a span where they have secured three straight wins. They have also looked solid away from home, losing just one of their last five matches.
- Vasco will be without four players: Ramon, Gabriel Felix, Breno and Talles Magno due to injuries, while Raul and Fredy Guarin should be listed as doubtful but both are likely to be included, at least on the bench.
- Expected Starting XI: Fernando Miguel; Yago Pikachu, Oswaldo Henriquez, Leandro Castan, Henrique; Bruno Gomes, Richard; Rossi, Ferreira, Marrony; Ribamar
Ceará have struggled with consistency and their recent five-game home form is the best example of the problems they have had in recent weeks. Meanwhile, Vasco da Gama have not lost any of their last four Serie A matches while dropping just one of their last five away fixtures. Vasco's superior squad on a name-per-name basis means the visitors look the favourites to take three points here.