2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Zulte Waregem vs Standard Liege Preview & Prediction
When is Zulte Waregem vs Standard Liege taking place? Sunday 15th March, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Zulte Waregem vs Standard Liege taking place? Regenboogstadion
What television channel is Zulte Waregem vs Standard Liege on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Zulte Waregem vs Standard Liege? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Zulte Waregem vs Standard Liege? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zulte Waregem continued their poor run of form with a 7-0 trouncing at the hands of Anderlecht last weekend and they come into this match with only one league win since the middle of December.
- They were pretty much out of the game after 15 minutes against Anderlecht when they trailed 2-0 with their opponents full of confidence and there was very little in response from Zulte Waregem thereafter.
- A fragile defence will again be tested strongly in this match by a team they have conceded four goals against Standard Liege in each of their last two meetings.
- Standard Liege were held to a disappointing 0-0 draw at home against Sint-Truiden last time out but it wasn’t too detrimental as their place in the top six has already been confirmed.
- They were forced to play for over 50 minutes with a man short against Sint-Truiden due to a red card for defender Zinho Vanheusden late in the opening period and he will be absent from this match.
- With only one goal scored in their last three matches it is likely that some focus will be on trying to sort out their attack ahead of the play-off so changes could be made in that department.
This is a fixture that has produced goals over the last few seasons with four or more scored in five of the last six league meetings between the two teams and the way Zulte Waregem have been defending there looks to be possibility for some in this encounter. Standard Liege have been uninspiring in the final third in their last three matches but with some work done on their attacking play during the week they might just put things right in this game. Over 2.5 goals and a win for Standard Liege is the tip.