2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Zulte Waregem vs Royal Excel Mouscron Preview & Prediction
When is Zulte Waregem vs Royal Excel Mouscron taking place? Sunday 16th February, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Zulte Waregem vs Royal Excel Mouscron taking place? Regenboogstadion, Waregem
What television channel is Zulte Waregem vs Royal Excel Mouscron on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Zulte Waregem vs Royal Excel Mouscron? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Zulte Waregem vs Royal Excel Mouscron? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zulte Waregem’s 4-0 defeat against Charleroi last weekend was their fifth loss in six matches, this poor run of form has seen their hopes of a top six finish diminish and they are now four points behind sixth placed Genk in the table.
- Conceding the first goal in stoppage time at the end of the first half against Charleroi proved a big blow which they never really recovered from and three second half goals – all coming in the last twenty minutes – saw them well beaten at the final whistle.
- Goalkeeper Sammy Bossut is missing having undergone surgery on an elbow injury and is likely to be replaced by Eike Bansen. Midfielder Damien Marcq is also a fresh absentee through suspension.
ROYAL EXCEL MOUSCRON
- Mouscron were very relieved to end a four-game losing streak with a come-from-behind 3-1 home victory against Oostende last weekend.
- They had looked to be heading for a fifth consecutive defeat when they were trailing 1-0 with just over 30 minutes to go before a goal from defender Lasse Sobiech gave them confidence from which they went on to win the game through goals from Perica and Olinga.
- Against Oostende, Philippe Saint-Jean took charge of the team for the first time since it was announced he will replace Bernd Hollerbach until the end of the season due to the German coach having illness problems.
Zulte Waregem badly need a positive result to halt a slide down the table and keep alive any hopes they have of making the top six. Confidence is low and if they fall behind, they may find it hard to get back into the match. Mouscron will be buoyed by their victory last time out but it was only against lowly Oostende and they are a much stronger team on home soil. There are just too many question marks over Zulte Waregem’s form to be confident on them winning and a draw is the prediction.