2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Zulte Waregem vs Kortrijk Preview & Prediction
When is Zulte Waregem vs Kortrijk taking place? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Zulte Waregem vs Kortrijk taking place? Regenboogstadion, Waregem
What television channel is Zulte Waregem vs Kortrijk on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Zulte Waregem vs Kortrijk? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Zulte Waregem vs Kortrijk? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zulte Waregem drew 1-1 against lowly Oostende last time out and have picked up only four points from their last eight league matches. It’s a poor run of form that has seen them fall out of contention for a place in the top six.
- They were forced to come from behind against Oostende when Skulason gave the visitors the lead from penalty spot after a foul by Bruno on 24 minutes. Damien Marcq brought them back on level terms ten minutes later but neither side could force a winning goal thereafter.
- A positive in terms of team news is that defenders Gideon Mensah and Olivier Deschacht are both back in contention after serving a one-match ban.
- Kortrijk’s three-match winning run was brought to an end with a 1-0 home defeat against sixth-placed Genk last Saturday, which was only their second defeat in their last eight fixtures.
- In what was a very tight contest, they paid the price when they squandered a good opportunity just prior to Genk taking the lead just over ten minutes into the second half and couldn’t manage to find an equaliser afterwards.
- Midfielder Hannes Van der Bruggen is forced to miss this match due to suspension so a change will have to be made, with Larry Azouni his possible replacement.
Although Kortrijk were defeated by Genk in their last match, it does not deter from fancying their chances of picking up a positive result in this fixture. They were on an excellent run of form prior to that loss and they are facing a team who are finishing the regular season in unconvincing fashion with only one win in their last eight matches. A 2-1 away win is the prediction.