2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht Preview & Prediction
When is Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht taking place? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht taking place? Freethielstadion, Beveren
What television channel is Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Waasland-Beveren vs Anderlecht? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Waasland-Beveren have plummeted to the foot of the table after five consecutive defeats and they are level on points with Cercle Brugge but have an inferior goal difference of minus eight goals.
- Their 4-0 defeat against play-off chasing Mechelen last weekend saw the end of Arnauld Mercier’s reign as coach and Dirk Geeraerd will again be in charge as caretaker coach for the second time this campaign.
- Waasland-Beveren will be able to call upon Ghanaian winger Thomas Agyepong who was missing through suspension for the Mechelen match.
- Anderlecht emphatically defeated Eupen 6-1 last weekend to keep in contention for a place in the top six. They are still four points adrift with only three matches remaining but their goal difference is superior to the two teams ahead of them.
- The match was all but over against Eupen inside the opening 20 minutes when Anderlecht scored twice and their opponents were reduced to ten men. A 4-0 lead at half time was capped by Vincent Kompany’s first goal of the season and Anderlecht coasted through the second half thereafter.
- Attacker Jeremy Doku returns to contention after suspension – though he might not be a certainty to slot right back into the starting XI following the six-goal haul against Eupen.
Waasland-Beveren have parted company with their coach after a horrendous five-match losing run that has seen them slip to the bottom of the table and they will be hoping for a positive response against an Anderlecht team who are focused on their challenge for a top six berth. There may be some improvement, but such has been the form of the home team it is difficult to see them producing the required quality to overcome a motivated Anderlecht outfit and a 2-0 away win is the predicted outcome.