2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Sporting Charleroi vs Mechelen Preview & Prediction
When is Sporting Charleroi vs Mechelen taking place? Tuesday 11th February, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Sporting Charleroi vs Mechelen taking place? Stade du Pays de Charleroi
What television channel is Sporting Charleroi vs Mechelen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sporting Charleroi vs Mechelen? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Sporting Charleroi vs Mechelen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sporting Charleroi had failed to win their last three league matches but produced a strong display to get back to winning ways as they racked up four goals in their game against Zulte Waregem.
- The scores were level until a goal deep into first half injury-time from Kaveh Rezaei gave Charleroi the lead and he doubled his side’s lead just before the 70th minute to put them into a very strong position.
- Their chances were further enhanced when Zulte Waregem were reduced to 10 men and Rezaei capitalised to complete his hat-trick before Shamar Nicholson wrapped up the scoring in a convincing victory and Charleroi could name an unchanged side on the back of that performance.
- Mechelen have struggled since the resumption of the Jupiler Pro League and lost their third game in a row as they conceded a late goal in the final moments of the game to fall to defeat against Cercle Brugge.
- Even a point against the side propping up the table would have been disappointing but the loss will be very difficult to take and leaves them with plenty of work to do in this game against Sporting Charleroi.
- Mechelen found themselves 2-0 down inside five minutes against Cercle and despite goals from Jordi Vanlerberghe and Joachim Van Damme to draw level, they were left empty-handed although they did not appear to pick up any further injuries but young defender Laurent Lemoine could soon make his return.
Mechelen were poor last time out as they suffered a third defeat in a row. That loss came against the side at the bottom of the Jupiler Pro League and leaves them right in mid-table with a tough contest against Sporting Charleroi lying in wait for them here. The hosts got back to winning ways with a strong performance in which they scored four goals in their last game and they are likely to be too good for the visitors in a result which will extend Mechelen’s losing streak.