2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Sint-Truiden vs Mechelen Preview & Prediction
When is Sint-Truiden vs Mechelen taking place? Friday 28th February, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Sint-Truiden vs Mechelen taking place? Stayen, Sint-Truiden
What television channel is Sint-Truiden vs Mechelen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sint-Truiden vs Mechelen? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Sint-Truiden vs Mechelen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official websitey win is the prediction.
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sint-Truiden followed up their shock 1-0 home reversal against Cercle Brugge with a comprehensive 4-1 defeat at the hands of second-placed Gent in their last outing with Jonathan David scoring a hat-trick.
- They were left stunned by a fast start to the match as Gent stormed into a two-goal lead within the opening 15 minutes. That lead was increased to four goals before Sint-Truiden managed to score a consolation goal with just over 20 minutes remaining.
- There have been no fresh significant injury problems reported since the Gent match and any changes made are likely to be through choice, having just lost 4-1 it is probable that there will be some.
- Back-to-back victories against Anderlecht (2-0) and Waasland-Beveren (4-0) have reignited Mechelen’s play-off hopes and they are now only a point behind sixth-placed Genk with just three matches remaining of the regular season.
- A goal after just six minutes from Igor De Camargo gave them the advantage against lowly Waasland-Beveren and when Thibaut Peyre made it 2-0 after 12 minutes, Mechelen were well and truly in control. Two further goals in the second half piled on the misery for their beleaguered opponents.
- A win here would put Mechelen inside the top six and put the pressure on Genk who are due to play league-leaders Club Brugge on Sunday.
Mechelen have overcome a blip in form to put themselves right back in contention for a place in the top six ahead of the play-offs, and there is massive motivation for them going into this fixture as a win would see them leapfrog Genk in the table. Sint-Truiden have lost back-to-back league matches in disappointing fashion and their level of motivation won’t be as high due to their position in mid-table. Mechelen will look to make a strong start to the game and if they score first it is unlikely that they will let the lead slip. An away win is the prediction.