2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Sint-Truiden vs Cercle Brugge Preview & Prediction
When is Sint-Truiden vs Cercle Brugge taking place? Saturday 15th February, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Sint-Truiden vs Cercle Brugge taking place? Stayen
What television channel is Sint-Truiden vs Cercle Brugge on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sint-Truiden vs Cercle Brugge? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Sint-Truiden vs Cercle Brugge? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sint-Truiden have enjoyed an upturn in form since the winter break with three wins from their four league matches - prior to the break they had registered just one win in eight league and cup matches.
- A hat-trick from Samuel Asamoah helped them to a 5-2 come-from-behind win against AS Eupen in their last outing. The victory did come at a cost though as Asamoah was shown a second yellow card for celebrating his third goal.
- Asamoah’s dismissal does mean a change will have to be made to the team with possibly Chris Durkin taking his place, while Rocky Bushiri should come back into contention following his return from suspension.
- Bottom of the table Cercle Brugge enjoyed a thrilling 3-2 victory against Mechelen last time out, in only their fourth win of the 2019-20 Jupiler Pro League campaign.
- They had looked set for disappointment against Mechelen after being pegged back to 2-2 having taken a 2-0 lead in the first five minutes. Stef Peeters was the match-winner with a last-gasp goal which gave Cercle Brugge a rare victory.
- Backing-up that result with a win here is big task considering they have not won away from home in the league since November 2018. In the 2019-20 league season they have picked up only one point on their travels with one draw and 11 defeats from 12 matches.
Both of these teams come into this fixture on the back of a win in their last match but the chances of Sint-Truiden following up with another three point haul are much greater than those of Cercle Brugge, who have endured a tough season, especially on the road where they have lost all but one of their 12 matches. Sint-Truiden have looked in good form since the resumption of the league with three wins from four matches and they can extend that run with another victory here against bottom club Cercle Brugge.