2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Mechelen vs AS Eupen Preview & Prediction
When is Mechelen vs AS Eupen taking place? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Mechelen vs AS Eupen taking place? AFAS-stadion Achter de Kazerne
What television channel is Mechelen vs AS Eupen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Mechelen vs AS Eupen? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Mechelen vs AS Eupen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mechelen are in a strong position to take the final place in the top six following a run of three consecutive victories and they go into the penultimate round of the season two points ahead of seventh-placed Genk.
- They left it late to score the decisive goals in the 3-0 win against Sint-Truiden in their last match with the first goal finally coming in the 79th minute of the encounter but having made the breakthrough they then made the game well and truly safe by finding the net twice more.
- The improvement in Mechelen’s defending has been very evident in their recent performances and is highlighted by the fact they have kept three clean sheets in their last three matches.
- Eupen are not in danger of relegation but their win against Mouscron halted a three-game losing run and was a much-needed victory with the play-offs on the horizon.
- They had to come from behind against Mouscron with Smail Prevljak scoring his third goal in four matches in the closing moments of the first half to level the match and a goal from Knowledge Musona midway through the second period settled the contest.
- Eupen’s form on their travels has been very poor over the last few months with six defeats in their last seven away matches and the only victory in that sequence of results came against struggling Waasland-Beveren.
Mechelen are finishing the regular season strongly and they can continue that good run of form with a victory against Eupen in this match. The strong motivation that Mechelen have in needing a result and the confidence they possess should ensure they are too strong for a team that do not look good on the road. Mechelen to win whilst also keeping a clean sheet is the prediction.