2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Mechelen vs Anderlecht Preview & Prediction
When is Mechelen vs Anderlecht taking place? Saturday 15th February, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Mechelen vs Anderlecht taking place? AFAS-stadion Achter de Kazerne
What television channel is Mechelen vs Anderlecht on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Mechelen vs Anderlecht? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Mechelen vs Anderlecht? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mechelen have slipped down the table and are now outside the top six following a run of four consecutive defeats – all coming since the resumption of the Jupiler Pro League after the winter break.
- Conceding late goals has been a huge problem for them in recent matches and this frailty came back to haunt them again in their 2-1 defeat against Charleroi on Tuesday when they conceded a match-winning goal inside the final ten minutes for the third time in their last four games.
- Their recent plight has not been helped by a long-term injury to goalkeeper Yannick Thoelen who tore his cruciate ligament against Gent earlier in the month. Veteran keeper Bram Castro as his replacement has not inspired confidence as yet.
- Anderlecht’s 1-1 draw against Gent last time out means they have now lost only two of their last 17 league matches and they are pushing hard for a place in the top six.
- They had taken the lead against Gent through a goal from young attacker Antoine Colassin, his third goal in four games since he broke into the team in January, but he has since had to undergo knee surgery and will be missing for around two months.
- Despite the blow of missing Colassin, a positive for Anderlecht is that recent attacking arrivals Dejan Joveljić and Marko Pjaca from Eintracht Frankfurt and Juventus are both in contention to start this game
This is a crucial match between two teams who are level on points and are chasing a place in the top six. Anderlecht are the team showing better form of late, with Mechelen having a torrid time since the league resumed and their defence looking fragile as late goals have been proving very costly indeed. There are just too many question marks over the home team right now and Anderlecht may be able to capitalise and come away with the vital three points.