2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – KV Oostende vs Zulte Waregem Preview & Prediction
When is KV Oostende vs Zulte Waregem taking place? Saturday 22nd February, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is KV Oostende vs Zulte Waregem taking place? Versluys Arena, Ostend
What television channel is KV Oostende vs Zulte Waregem on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream KV Oostende vs Zulte Waregem? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for KV Oostende vs Zulte Waregem? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- KV Oostende lost 3-0 at home against Kortrijk last time out and are on a very poor run of form which has seen them lose six out of their last seven Jupiler Pro League matches, leaving them just four points ahead of bottom club Cercle Brugge.
- They were competitive against Kortrijk and at 1-0 down they were still in with a chance of getting something from the match until two very late goals killed off their hopes. It was the second match in a row that they have conceded twice in the final ten minutes.
- A lack of penetration in the final third is a key factor in their struggles and with only three goals scored in their last seven matches, one feels they must score first in this match if they are to get a positive result.
- Zulte Waregem’s 2-1 defeat against Mouscron last Saturday was their sixth defeat in seven league matches and that is a run of results that has seen their hopes of making the top six diminish.
- Having trailed 2-0 against Mouscron they battled hard to get back into contention but a second half penalty from Davy De fauw proved only to be a consolation goal in what was a disappointing home result.
- Defenders Gideon Mensah and Olivier Deschacht are both absent from this match due to suspension so changes at the back are needed. A positive for the team in midfield is that Damien Marcq is available again after missing the Mouscron game through suspension.
Both of these teams are currently low on confidence and in poor form with similar runs of six defeats in seven league matches. As a consequence, it is difficult to have much belief that either are capable of taking the initiative and winning this game and a low scoring draw is the predicted outcome.