2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – KV Oostende vs Genk Preview & Prediction
When is KV Oostende vs Genk taking place? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is KV Oostende vs Genk taking place? Versluys Arena
What television channel is KV Oostende vs Genk on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream KV Oostende vs Genk? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for KV Oostende vs Genk? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Oostende are very much in a battle against relegation with only a couple of points between themselves and bottom club Waasland-Beveren going into the final two rounds of the regular season.
- They come into this fixture having lost seven of their last nine matches and were defeated 3-1 by Antwerp last time out with two goals conceded in the opening five minutes doing the damage.
- Their poor form has seen a change of head coach this week with Dennis van Wijk leaving and Bosnian coach Adnan Custovic returning to the club.
- Genk’s hopes of a top six finish suffered a blow when they lost 2-1 against Club Brugge last weekend with a goal in the 89th minute denying them a point.
- They are two points behind sixth-placed Mechelen with only two matches remaining and with them facing each other in the last round of the regular season it’s going to a tense finish to the regular season.
- Danish right back Joakim Maehle is available again after suspension but forward Paul Onuachu still looks like missing out through injury.
This is a key fixture for two teams needing the points for different reasons with Oostende battling against the drop and Genk trying to force their way into the top six. Oostende have reacted to their poor run of results with a change of head coach but it is difficult to assess if this will give them the lift they need or will it be too late. Genk will be well motivated and expect them to start strongly, as they have taken the lead in each of their last four away matches and if they do so again on this occasion it should propel them to victory.