2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Gent vs Sint-Truiden Preview & Prediction
When is Gent vs Sint-Truiden taking place? Sunday 23rd February, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Gent vs Sint-Truiden taking place? GHELAMCO-arena
What television channel is Gent vs Sint-Truiden on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gent vs Sint-Truiden? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Gent vs Sint-Truiden? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Second-placed Gent return to league action after a 1-0 defeat against Roma in Italy in the first leg of their UEFA Europa League round of 32 encounter. The tie is still finely poised ahead of the second leg on Thursday.
- They conceded a goal inside the opening fifteen minutes of the match against Roma and looked on the ropes for much of the opening half. An improved second half showing saw them press hard for an equaliser but they were denied several times by the Roma goalkeeper.
- The second leg of their Europa League tie might affect their focus levels on this game but they still have plenty of motivation to try and hold on to second place in the league table also.
- Sint-Truiden were unable to build on their fine 5-2 win against AS Eupen as they fell to a disappointing 1-0 home defeat against bottom club Cercle Brugge in their last league fixture.
- They had gone into the match against Cercle Brugge with three wins out of their last four matches, but a goal midway through the second half from Kevin Hoggas consigned them to their first home defeat since early December.
- Ghanaian midfielder Samuel Asamoah comes back into the team after missing the last match due to being sent off while he was celebrating his hat-trick goal against Eupen.
Gent had a tough UEFA Europa League fixture against Roma in Italy on Thursday night and with the return leg coming up in the upcoming week, it is possible that there could be some impact on their focus ahead of this match. There should still be enough motivation to not take Sint-Truiden lightly but if they have a lead they may look to protect and preserve some key players for the big European game against Roma. A narrow win for the home team is the prediction.