2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Club Brugge vs Waasland-Beveren Preview & Prediction
When is Club Brugge vs Waasland-Beveren taking place? Saturday 15th February, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Club Brugge vs Waasland-Beveren taking place? Jan Breydelstadion
What television channel is Club Brugge vs Waasland-Beveren on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Club Brugge vs Waasland-Beveren? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Club Brugge vs Waasland-Beveren? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Club Brugge couldn’t make the most of their chances in a frustrating goalless draw against Standard Liege on Wednesday evening, but they still extended their lead at the top of the table to nine points and have lost only one of their 25 league matches so far this season.
- The draw against Standard Liege was their third in four league matches, although all of those draws were away from home and they have won each of their last six home league matches – all without conceding a goal.
- They return to European action next Thursday with a big home game against Manchester United in the 1st leg of their UEFA Europa League round of 32 tie. With such a healthy lead at the top of the table much of their focus is possibly already on that match.
- Waasland-Beveren come into this daunting fixture against table-toppers Club Brugge having lost each of their last three league matches and they sit second from bottom in the league table.
- In their last outing on Wednesday they suffered a 2-1 home defeat against Kortrijk where a goal late in the first half from Japanese midfielder Yuki Kobayashi ensured they went in at half-time level, having conceded the first goal of the game just before the half hour mark. However, they were left to rue missed opportunities either side of De Sart’s winning goal in the second half.
- They have caused problems for Club Brugge in recent encounters - last season they took four points from their high-flying opponents and they led 1-0 in their meeting earlier this season before eventually losing 3-1.
Club Brugge have a healthy lead at the top of the table, though recent games have shown they are not fully at the top of their game right now with three draws from their last four league matches. They also have a massive UEFA Europa League match incoming against Manchester United and will certainly have an eye on that game. Waasland-Beveren might be able to pose some problems but they are not playing well enough to capitalise and a Club Brugge win whilst also keeping a clean sheet is the prediction.