2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Club Brugge vs Sporting Charleroi Preview & Prediction
When is Club Brugge vs Sporting Charleroi taking place? Sunday 23rd February, 2020 – 13:30 (UK)
Where is Club Brugge vs Sporting Charleroi taking place? Jan Breydelstadion
What television channel is Club Brugge vs Sporting Charleroi on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Club Brugge vs Sporting Charleroi? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Club Brugge vs Sporting Charleroi? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Table-toppers Club Brugge return to league action after drawing 1-1 against Manchester United in the 1st leg of their Europa League round of 32 tie on Thursday evening. Brugge took the lead after 15 minutes only the English team to level around ten minutes before half time.
- Coach Philippe Clement fielded a weakened team against Waasland-Beveren in their last league match, and although they won, it took a stoppage-time goal from Mats Rits to separate the two teams.
- Brugge have a healthy lead at the top of the table, so with a trip to Manchester for the crucial second leg looming it would be no shock if Clement decided to shuffle his team around again.
- Sporting Chaleroi have lost only one of their last 17 league matches. They are all but guaranteed a place in the championship play-offs and will have their sights set on trying to catch second-placed Gent.
- They came from behind to earn a point away from home against fourth-placed Antwerp last weekend with Shamar Nicholson scoring for the third consecutive league game to level the match after the home team had led 1-0 at half time.
- Bad news for Charleroi ahead is that they will have to do without the attacking play of Massimo Bruno for the rest of the campaign due to a knee injury. Bruno was an ever-present this season in the league until he missed the Antwerp match.
The main focus for Club Brugge at the moment is their crucial Europa League match against Manchester United on Thursday and with such a healthy lead at the top of the table they may again take the opportunity to rest key players. Charleroi are a very tough team to beat with only one defeat in 17 league matches and, even if Brugge are at full strength, it would be a difficult match for the league leaders. A draw is the prediction and it wouldn’t be a bad result for either team.