2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Club Brugge vs Cercle Brugge Preview & Prediction
When is Club Brugge vs Cercle Brugge taking place? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Club Brugge vs Cercle Brugge taking place? Jan Breydelstadion, Brugge
What television channel is Club Brugge vs Cercle Brugge on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Club Brugge vs Cercle Brugge? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Club Brugge vs Cercle Brugge? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Club Brugge maintained their healthy lead at the top of the table courtesy of a late match-winning goal by Mats Rits which gave them a 2-1 victory away from home against Genk in their last outing.
- They are making a habit of scoring late deciding goals with four of their last five league victories coming from goals scored in the final ten minutes.
- The league-leaders are still without Ruud Vormer and Emmanuel Dennis who are missing through injury and as there are no new absentees it is unlikely many changes will be made to the starting XI.
- Cercle Brugge’s impressive run of form continued with a 1-0 victory against second-placed Gent last weekend and they have now won each of their last four matches.
- A goal from Kevin Hoggas after just 25 seconds gave them a dream start against Gent and although they did come under some pressure their goalkeeper Lennart Moser held firm to keep his third consecutive clean sheet.
- They come into this derby encounter full of confidence due to their four-match winning streak and are aiming to defeat their city rivals for the first time in a competitive match since 2013.
Club Brugge start as strong favourites against their city rivals but with Cercle Brugge brimming with motivation and confidence they might not have it all their own way. There is no doubting that Club Brugge are the better team and their superior quality could just help them to get over the line but it might take a late winning goal to separate the two teams.