2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Cercle Brugge vs KV Oostende Preview & Prediction
When is Cercle Brugge vs KV Oostende taking place? Sunday 15th March, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Cercle Brugge vs KV Oostende taking place? Jan Breydelstadion
What television channel is Cercle Brugge vs KV Oostende on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Cercle Brugge vs KV Oostende? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Cercle Brugge vs KV Oostende? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Club Brugge have almost certainly guaranteed their escape from relegation with a gap of three points and a superior goal difference of 12 goals separating them from bottom club Waasland-Beveren.
- A 2-1 defeat against their city rivals Club Brugge last time out brought to an end a four-match winning streak that lifted them out of the relegation zone.
- Precautions put in place on Thursday due to Coronavirus will mean they play host to Oostende in an empty stadium.
- KV Oostende travel to Brugge realistically needing a point to secure their survival in the top flight with a gap of two points and a superior goal difference of 10 goals separating them from Waasland-Beveren who are at the foot of the table.
- A change in head coach looked like possibly bringing a change in fortunes when they were leading 1-0 against Genk last weekend but a red card to Louis Verstraete in the closing moments of the first half changed the game and they went on to lose 4-2.
- Oostende’s terrible away form is a big reason why they have struggled so much this season and they come into this fixture having lost each of their last 11 matches on the road in the Jupiler Pro League.
It’s probable that a draw would be enough to secure safety for both of these teams such is the advantage they have on goal difference over Waasland-Beveren. The scoreline in Waasland-Beveren’s match against Gent will have some bearing on how this game plays out, though, so caution is advised. In terms of form leading into this match Cercle Brugge certainly have the edge and Oostende’s dreadful away form makes one believe that if there is a winner it will be the home team.