2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Cercle Brugge vs Gent Preview & Prediction
When is Cercle Brugge vs Gent taking place? Sunday 1st March, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Cercle Brugge vs Gent taking place? Jan Breydelstadion, Brugge
What television channel is Cercle Brugge vs Gent on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Cercle Brugge vs Gent? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Cercle Brugge vs Gent? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Cercle Brugge have shown excellent fighting spirit over the last few weeks with a run of three consecutive victories giving them real hope that they can avoid the drop.
- Last weekend a goal in the second half against Mouscron gave them a 1-0 win away from home for the second match in a row having defeated Sint-Truiden by the same scoreline in their previous outing.
- Motivation in the squad is extremely high and there is expected to be a tremendous atmosphere for the game with the Cercle Brugge supporters really getting behind the team in recent weeks.
- Gent turn their focus to league matters having exited the Europa League on Thursday night with a 1-1 draw against Roma on Thursday night seeing them suffer a narrow 2-1 defeat on aggregate.
- Second-placed Gent have won six and drawn one of their last seven league matches and enjoyed a comprehensive 4-1 victory over Sint-Truiden last time out with key striker Jonathan David scoring three goals.
- Central midfielder Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe will be absent for the only the second time this season as his yellow card last week means he will miss this game through suspension.
This is a fascinating match between two in-form teams who are at opposite ends of the table. The fact that Cercle Brugge are so buoyant and full of motivation is likely to mean they start with a great intensity so Gent will have to be sharp from the start. Having such a prolific striker as Jonathan David in their team always gives Gent a chance and even if they do fall behind, they are capable of getting back on level terms. A draw is the predicted outcome in this match.