2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – AS Eupen vs Gent Preview & Prediction
When is AS Eupen vs Gent taking place? Friday 14th February, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is AS Eupen vs Gent taking place? Stadion am Kehrweg
What television channel is AS Eupen vs Gent on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream AS Eupen vs Gent? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for AS Eupen vs Gent? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- AS Eupen were soundly beaten 5-2 away from home against Sint-Truiden last time out, in what was their first defeat in four matches since the resumption of the league following the winter break.
- They had gone into the match against Sint-Truiden having kept back-to-back clean sheets in consecutive 1-0 wins against Cercle Brugge and Waasland-Beveren but they were far from solid at the back as they saw a 2-1 lead overturned, with Samuel Asamoah scoring a hat-trick before being sent-off just after celebrating his third goal.
- Right back Andreas Beck and midfielder Omid Ebrahimi were both suspended for the last match and they should return to the team here, while Nils Schouterden was missing through injury but it is not certain that he will be fit enough to be involved.
- Second-placed Gent are unbeaten in their last six league matches with four wins and a draw. In their most recent outing, they were forced to come from behind in a 1-1 draw at home against Anderlecht.
- Anderlecht had taken the lead through a goal from Antoine Colassin on 14 minutes, which was originally ruled out for offside but overturned by VAR. Gent managed to level just before the half-hour mark with Jonathan David netting from the penalty spot.
- With a big UEFA Europa League match against Roma on the horizon next Thursday, Gent may have one eye on that fixture when it comes to team selection. They earned qualification for the round of 32 as group winners and will be confident of a good showing against the Italian team.
Gent will be targeting victory to try and close the sizeable gap at the top of the table, but the fact that they have a big Europa League match against Roma next week can’t be ignored and team selection and intensity levels may reflect this. Gent are predicted to take the points, but if they do get an early lead they may not push hard for more and the score is not likely to be as comprehensive as it was when they defeated AS Eupen 6-1 earlier in the campaign.