2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Anderlecht vs Zulte Waregem Preview & Prediction
When is Anderlecht vs Zulte Waregem taking place? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Anderlecht vs Zulte Waregem taking place? Lotto Park, Anderlecht
What television channel is Anderlecht vs Zulte Waregem on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Anderlecht vs Zulte Waregem? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Anderlecht vs Zulte Waregem? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Anderlecht are still in the fight for the remaining place in the top six following their 3-0 victory against bottom club Waasland-Beveren but they are currently still three points adrift of sixth-place with just two games of the regular season remaining.
- Dutch midfielder Michel Vlap scored twice in the win against Waasland-Beveren but was denied his hat-trick when Francis Amuzu decided to take the penalty in stoppage-time at the end of the game.
- Anderlecht have a very strong record in this fixture with seven wins and a draw from the last eight competitive meetings between the two teams.
- Zulte Waregem were denied what would have been only their second win since mid-December when Kortrijk came back from 2-0 down to salvage a draw courtesy of a stoppage-time equaliser in their derby encounter last weekend.
- Goals from Bruno and De fauw had given them a 2-0 advantage at half-time against their big rivals but Kortrijk fought back in the second half and snatched a point with the late leveller.
- They have gone from looking in a strong position to take a place in the top six to occupying a place in mid-table and now need to regain some motivation and form ahead of the play-offs.
Although they are next to each other in the league table the differing motivation levels for both teams are a big factor in this contest. Anderlecht are still in the hunt for a place in the top six whereas Zulte Waregem are on a poor run of form that has seen them win only one of their last nine matches. Anderlecht have had to cope with some injury problems in attacking areas this season but nine goals scored in their last two games will give them confidence that they can find a breakthrough and it is difficult to see their opponents coming back into the game if Anderlecht score first. A 2-0 home win is the prediction.