2019-20 Belgian Jupiler Pro League – Anderlecht vs AS Eupen Preview & Prediction
When is Anderlecht vs AS Eupen taking place? Sunday 23rd February, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Anderlecht vs AS Eupen taking place? Lotto Park, Anderlecht
What television channel is Anderlecht vs AS Eupen on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Anderlecht vs AS Eupen? Belgian Jupiler Pro League matches are occasionally streamed on Betfair so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Anderlecht vs AS Eupen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Anderlecht suffered a setback in their quest for a place in the top six when they were defeated 2-0 by fellow play-off chasing team Mechelen in their meeting last weekend. Going into this round of fixtures they are four points outside the championship play-off spots with just four games of the regular season remaining.
- They were forced to play the whole of the second half with ten men against Mechelen when winger Jeremy Doku was dismissed in the closing moments of the first period. Not long after the interval they fell behind and the home team then doubled their lead on 72 minutes.
- Doku will now be missing for this match and a further blow is that central defender Derrick Luckassen picked up an injury in training so is also ruled out. Yari Verschaeren is on his way back from injury and might have a chance at being involved.
- Eupen gave a good account of themselves but ultimately fell to a second consecutive defeat when they were beaten 3-2 at home by second-placed Gent in their last outing.
- They fell behind twice in the opening 20 minutes against Gent and managed to recover both times in a very competitive first half. The second half saw Eupen go on the defensive and they looked as though they might snatch an unlikely point, until a goal with just over five minutes remaining settled the contest.
- Eight goals conceded in their last two matches does not make good reading and if there are any changes to be made, they are likely be in defensive areas.
This is pretty much a must win match for Anderlecht, even then, their hopes of a top six finish remain out of their own hands. Already missing Nacer Chadli through injury, they are now forced to be without Jeremy Doku due to suspension, which is far from ideal. The home team should still have enough quality to see off Eupen but it is not likely to be an easy win and the game could be settled by just one goal.