2020 Belarusian Premier League – Vitebsk vs Smolevichi Preview & Prediction
When is Vitebsk vs Smolevichi taking place? Sunday 5th April, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Vitebsk vs Smolevichi taking place? Vitebsky CSK, Vitebsk
What television channel is Vitebsk vs Smolevichi on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Vitebsk vs Smolevichi? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Vitebsk vs Smolevichi? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vitebsk’s poor end to the season almost resulted in relegation last time around and despite winning their opening contest of the season, they slipped to another defeat at the weekend as they were beaten by Neman.
- Despite going in level at the break, Vitebsk were undone by two goals in the first 15 minutes of the second period and were unable to respond as they slipped to a 2-0 loss on the road.
- That is now five losses from their last six Belarus Premier League matches stretching back to last season and they will be desperate to improve that run as they host Smolevichi where they will be able to call upon Maksim Kalenchuk who returns from a one-match ban.
- Smolevichi are still waiting for their first victory since making an immediate return to the Belarusian Premier League after they were narrowly defeated by Isloch in their last game at the weekend.
- Smolevichi were poor for large parts of the game and despite Isloch not offering a great deal themselves, their ninth minute goal to open the scoring was enough for them to hold off the newly promoted side.
- That defeat means that Smolevichi have failed to win any of their last 10 games in the Premier League dating back to 2018 when they were last in the top flight and they may look to make changes in the final third for this contest with Aleksey Turik’s spot under threat.
Vitebsk will be desperate to return to winning ways after failing to build on their win on the opening weekend of the new season. They ended last season in poor form and their defeat last week means they have lost five of their last six Premier League matches. They host Smolevichi here with the visitors also desperate to earn the win but with neither side possessing much in front of goal, this is likely to be a low-scoring affair.