2020 Belarusian Premier League – Vitebsk vs Shakhtyor Preview & Prediction
When is Vitebsk vs Shakhtyor taking place? Sunday 10th May, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Vitebsk vs Shakhtyor taking place? Vitebsky CSK, Vitebsk
What television channel is Vitebsk vs Shakhtyor on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Vitebsk vs Shakhtyor? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Vitebsk vs Shakhtyor? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vitebsk snatched defeat from the jaws of victory as they blew a lead in the final five minutes of their game with Slavia last week and they will be eager to ensure they bounce back here after suffering second consecutive loss.
- The home side trailed at the break but looked to be heading for the three points when goals from Artem Gurenko and Ion Nicolaescu put Vitebsk in front until they conceded twice in the closing stages of the contest.
- The defeat will be a difficult pill to swallow for Vitebsk and they may look to make some changes to their side as they aim to put it behind them with the likes of Wanderson pushing for a recall.
- Shakhtyor made it three consecutive wins in all competitions as they proved far too good when blowing Isloch away last week and they will be full of confidence ahead of this trip to Vitebsk.
- After notching four in their Cup victory over Dinamo Brest, Shakhtyor were able to repeat that feat with another four-goal performance against Isloch thanks to a brace from Vitali Lisakovich and further strikes from Dmitri Podstrelov and Darko Bodul.
- After such a strong showing, Shakhtyor will be looking to maintain their recent good form and are unlikely to make too many changes although Igor Ivanovic’s place is in doubt after he was withdrawn at half-time last week.
Vitebsk lost for the second game in succession but will still be wondering how they managed to surrender the three points when leading with your minutes remaining in their game with Slavia last week. They now face a tricky contest against a Shakhtyor side that arrive in good form and will be looking to make it four consecutive wins in all competitions. They have scored 10 goals in their last three and that scoring ability should see them maintain their winning streak.