2020 Belarusian Premier League – Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor Preview & Prediction
When is Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor taking place? Sunday 12th April, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor taking place? Ozyorny Stadium, Smolevichi
What television channel is Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Smolevichi vs Shakhtyor? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Smolevichi remain winless on their return to the Belarusian Premier League as they suffered a second straight defeat last weekend and their issues in front of goal were laid bare once again.
- The hosts fell behind midway through the first half against Vitebsk and despite their opponents having to play the vast majority of the second half with just 10 men, Smolevichi were unable to capitalise.
- They have managed just a solitary goal from their three games so far and they must make some changes to their attacking structure if they are to collect their first victory of the campaign.
- Shakhtyor have avoided defeat in their last two matches in the Belarus Premier League but they will need to bounce back from their disappointing loss in the first leg of their Cup semi-final against Dinamo Brest in midweek.
- Shakhtyor were held to a goalless draw at home against Neman last weekend but the Cup holders were left disappointed on their trip to Brest after two goals in the opening 15 minutes means they have a big task ahead of them in the second leg.
- After making a few changes for the Cup game, Shakhtyor are likely to once again switch things up with those who came in for the midweek clash failing to impress with Darko Bodul particularly disappointing.
Shakhtyor will hope that their poor showing in the Cup during the week will not harm their chances of making it three games unbeaten in the Belarusian Premier League. They travel to Smolevichi for this clash and will fancy their chances against the hosts who are yet to pick up the three points this season. They have managed just one point and one goal so far on their return to the top division and their woes are likely to continue here with Shakhtyor able to claim the victory.