2020 Belarusian Premier League – Shakhtyor vs Isloch Preview & Prediction
When is Shakhtyor vs Isloch taking place? Sunday 3rd May, 2020 – 18:00 (UK)
Where is Shakhtyor vs Isloch taking place? Stroitel Stadium, Soligorsk
What television channel is Shakhtyor vs Isloch on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Shakhtyor vs Isloch? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Shakhtyor vs Isloch? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Shakhtyor’s reign as Cup champions was ended on Wednesday night as they were knocked out at the semi-final stage despite mounting an unbelievable fightback in the second half of their second leg with Dinamo Brest.
- Brest took a two-goal lead into the second leg and were able to double their advantage by the midway point to leave Shakhtyor needing a miracle in the second half which they almost produced thanks to goals from Igor Ivanovic, Dmitri Podstrelov and two from Vitali Lisakovich.
- Despite those four goals, Shakhtyor were eliminated because of the away goals rule but that comeback should give them plenty to work on for this clash with Isloch, although they are unlikely to be able to call upon Sergey Politevich who suffered an early injury in the midweek game.
- Isloch continued to take advantage of a run of home matches as they made it four wins from five home games to begin the season but they will be tested here as they play just their second away game of the campaign.
- Dmitiri Komarovskiy converted from the spot to put Isloch ahead against Vitebsk with just eight minutes remaining in the first half before Momo Yansane doubled the lead which proved too much for the visitors.
- Isloch have lost their only away game to date so far this season but after their comfortable victory last weekend, they will hope to translate that performance to this trip on the road with few changes expected to last week’s team.
Shakhtyor almost pulled off a remarkable comeback in their Cup semi-final but despite getting themselves level on aggregate thanks to four second half goals against Dinamo Brest, they were knocked out because of the away goals ruling. They should take heart from the fact they fought back so valiantly but having done so much and still be eliminated may be difficult for them to take. They host Isloch here who have started the season well and although it remains to be seen how they will perform away from home, the visitors should be able to avoid defeat here.