2020 Belarusian Premier League – Rukh vs Smolevichi Preview & Prediction
When is Rukh vs Smolevichi taking place? Sunday 17th May, 2020 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Rukh vs Smolevichi taking place? Yunost Stadium, Brest
Where can I get tickets for Rukh vs Smolevichi? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Rukh vs Smolevichi on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rukh vs Smolevichi? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rukh are proving difficult to beat in the top flight and have now avoided defeat in all of their last five matches following a big success on the road at Neman last week as they scored more than one goal in a game for the first time this season.
- Goals from Vladislav Vasiljev and Denis Grechikho inside the opening 15 minutes handed Neman a great start to the game and they added a third from the spot through Pavel Sedko 10 minutes into the second half to put themselves in a very strong position.
- Neman did pull one back before Gheorghe Andronic sealed the win with a minute later and although Rukh conceded a second into stoppage time, it did not take the gloss off their win but they will be without Vasiljev for this clash after he was shown a second yellow card in the final five minutes of the game.
- Smolevichi are one of just two teams yet to win their first match in the Belarus Premier League ahead of the ninth round of fixtures after losing for the third consecutive game in their clash with BATE last week.
- Smolevichi got off to the dream start as Evgeni Barsukov put them ahead inside the first minute but they conceded three times before the break and the game looked beyond them until strikes from Dmitri Shchegrikovich and Jean Poe pulled them level.
- With a shock draw on the cards, Smolevichi failed to hold on and fell behind with 10 minutes remaining before conceding again in stoppage time as they pushed for a leveller but they will take plenty from that performance and are unlikely to make too many changes as a result.
Rukh come into this game with winless Smolevichi with some solid form behind them and they will be confident of further success here. The hosts are unbeaten in their last five outings and collected the three points thanks to a four-goal show against Neman last week. Smolevichi gave BATE a scare last week and will hope to build on the effort they were able to produce in that game but the late loss might have been a hammer blow for them and the hosts should be able to capitalise to claim the victory here.