2020 Belarusian Premier League – Minsk vs Torpedo-BelAZ Preview & Prediction
When is Minsk vs Torpedo-BelAZ taking place? Saturday 2nd May, 2020 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Minsk vs Torpedo-BelAZ taking place? FC Minsk Stadium, Minsk
What television channel is Minsk vs Torpedo-BelAZ on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Minsk vs Torpedo-BelAZ? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Minsk vs Torpedo-BelAZ? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Minsk ended a run of three straight defeats in the Belarusian Premier League and did so in style as they earned an impressive victory on the road at Slavia last week thanks to finding their shooting boots once again.
- Minsk won their first two matches of the season and scored three goals in each of those games but they subsequently lost their next three while failing to score in the process before rectifying that with a 1-3 victory against Slavia.
- Roman Gribovskiy and Yaroslav Yarotskiy had put Minsk into a comfortable lead approaching the final 10 minutes of the game and despite seeing Slavia pull a goal back, Artem Vasiljev sealed the points and Minsk are unlikely to make too many changes to this week’s team as a result.
- Torpedo-BelAZ once against highlighted their solid defensive capabilities with yet another clean sheet but they are likely to be disappointed that they failed to find the back of the net themselves as they were held to a goalless draw at home to Rukh.
- The hosts were the better side for much of the game but have been relieved to hold on at the end as Rukh piled the pressure on as they went in search of a winner with a share of the spoils a fair outcome in the end.
- Torpedo have now kept five clean sheets from their six games so far this season but after they were prevented from scoring for a second game in succession, they make look to tweak the make-up of their attacking shape.
Minsk put their recent poor run of form behind them as they produced a strong display on the road to get back to winning ways. They will look to build on that as they host Torpedo-BelAZ but the visitors have proven to be resilient at the back so far this season and are likely to make things difficult for the home side. Having conceded just two goals so far this season, Torpedo will back their defence to hold firm again and make this one a tight, low-scoring contest.