2020 Belarusian Premier League – Gorodeya vs Shakhtyor Preview & Prediction
When is Gorodeya vs Shakhtyor taking place? Saturday 28th March, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Gorodeya vs Shakhtyor taking place? Gorodeya Stadium, Gorodeya
What television channel is Gorodeya vs Shakhtyor on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gorodeya vs Shakhtyor? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Gorodeya vs Shakhtyor? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gorodeya came into this new season on the back of two straight defeats in the previous league campaign and they were unable to put that behind them as they suffered a loss against Vitebsk.
- In a closely-fought game, a 20th minute own goal by Dmitri Ignatenko proved to be the difference between the two teams as Gorodeya were unable to claw their way back into the game.
- Gorodeya will be disappointed that they could not earn at least a draw after Vitebsk were reduced to 10 men just before the break and they could make changes for this contest with Ignatenko’s place in doubt after he was taken off at half-time of the previous game.
- Shakhtyor suffered late heartbreak in their opening game of the league season as they conceded in injury time of their contest with Torpedo BelAZ which condemned them to defeat.
- With neither side able to break the deadlock, it looked to be heading towards a stalemate but the home side were unable to see the game out and the late goal left them with barely any time to respond in what was a disappointing loss.
- Shakhtyor have a couple of injury doubts ahead of this game but their main concern will be over Nikola Antic who was forced from the field after just 20 minutes of the new league campaign.
Gorodeya and Shakhtyor were on the end of narrow losses in their first matches of the season and the pair will be eager to earn the first points of the season as they meet here. Both teams will have reasons to be disappointed by the respective manner of their defeats but with neither side managing to find the back of the net last week, this is likely to be a low-scoring contest.